"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 15 December 2013

Pillow Box

I needed a small little box to put some little "bits and pieces" in for a present for someone (can't say who yet in case they're reading this :-) ) for Christmas. The Sizzix pillow box die is perfect for this (and easy). I used patterned paper, lace and Our Daily Bread Designs stamps (and dies) to decorate the box.

Elizabeth Whisson, pillow box, pillowbox, butterfly, clover, Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBD, Martha Stewart punch around the page Bubble Bath

I am entering this project in the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge - ODBDSLC182 Alternate Fold or 3D.
(I was rather sad to miss out on the last challenge (double embossing) as the challenge sounded really interesting and it is a technique I haven't had a chance to try yet...however, I was quite sick that week and even though I attempted (several times) to "play" with my craft products I didn't have the energy. Will have to give this technique a try soon though. ODBD posted a link to a very nice tutorial on the double embossing technique. You can view the tutorial here.)

Another picture:


If you have a look at the first picture again you can see a cute little bee near one of the clover flowers. The stamp actually comes with two bees and when you use the matching die it cuts out the bees for you too. So cute but my second bee seemed to have "flown" away somewhere and I couldn't find him so there is only one bee on my project today.

Copics: YG00, YG01, Y04, YG03, B32, B34, B37, V04, V06, V09, W3, W1, G82, G94 and G99.
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs "Butterfly" and "Clover"
Ink: Memento "Olive Grove", "Bahama Blue" and "Danube Blue"
Cardstock: DVWV "Freshly Picked" and X-Press It blending card
Dies: Our Daily Bread Designs "Butterfly" and "Clover" and Sizzix Bigz Die "Box, Pillow"
Other: Stickles "Purple", "Patina", "Thistle" and "Star Dust", X-Press It clear gel glue and Martha Stewart punch around the page "Bubbles" border punch.

Update Wednesday, 18 December 2013
Excited to be chosen as one of the winners of the ODBD challenge that I entered my pillow box in :-) Click here to see the other winners.

3 comments :

  1. Oh, Alshandra (Elizabeth), I just LOVE your beautiful pillow box! It's so sweet with such lovely colors! I love the clover and butterfly, and they make such a lovely presentation with the coloring and sparkle! You are so creative, and I truly hope you are feeling better! So sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well last week! We missed you! But I'm so glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pillow box Elizabeth!! I just love your coloring of the butterfly, your colors and the added butterfly!! So creative and beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was SO pleased to receive this beautiful pillow box for Christmas! I had been hoping it was for me :-). I will treasure it always.I am so blessed to have you as my daughter. Xx Louise

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...